Writings by Carmela P.

Formerly "Mel's Musings" but do to many authors with name of Mel - changing to "Writings by Carmela P."

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Four Unlikely Good Samaritans at Dunkin' Donuts


When my oldest was 8 years old, I took him to our local Dunkin' Donuts to buy (you guessed it) donuts.......lol. We went back to the car and I backed up and soon found myself (the car) straddling the very high sidewalk curb.

O, what to do ???? I could not go forward. I could not go backward. We got out to survey the situation.

All of a sudden four big burly motorcyclists came out of Dunkin' Donuts; they were huge guys! Each one took a corner of the car, lifted it up and onto the driveway. Just as suddenly they walked back into Dunkin Donuts as I thanked them profusely.

They were the unlikeliest angels but, they were angels to me and my son, Barry.

I have told this story over and over and shall always be grateful for their help.


Mel Patterson